ShalePro Energy Services, LLC is a natural gas service company. ShalePro Energy Services offers a full suite of best-in-class oil and natural gas field services spanning the Appalachian Basin - Marcellus/Utica shale play, as well as basins across the US. We have more than 23 years of production and midstream industry experience and currently provide well hook-up services, operate and maintain more than 2,000 wells, hundreds of compressors and associated facilities, hundreds of miles of gathering system pipelines, and are available nationwide.
Applicant must possess the skills to work safely in an industrial plant environment. All welding functions applicable to the oil & gas production and midstream industry including but not limited to; cutting, beveling, welding, preparation, clean up & repairs, field takeoff and measurement:
- Attend work on the schedule established by the employer and without excessive absenteeism.
- Follow all safe work practices and abide by company and site-specific safety policies.
- Assemble and install metal pipes and pipe fittings for stainless and carbon steel projects.
- Remove slag and rough spots from weld by operating grinders or scrapers to ensure smooth working surface.
- Use clamps, brackets, and hangers to secure pipes to structures
- Employ their knowledge of metallurgy to determine materials and equipment most suitable for a welding project
- Clean and prepare workpieces using chemical solutions etc. to remove foreign matter such as grease, rust etc.
- Use heating furnaces and weed burners to preheat metal pipes prior to welding or bending
- Cut and shape metal components to set specifications using power saws, chipping knives or other hand tools
- Fill holes, cracks, and dents on metal workpieces or pipe products
- Use micrometers, calipers and other precision measuring instruments to check gap allowances, grooves or angles
- Have basic knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
- Assemble metal and non-metal pipes and pipe fitting using threading machine
- Study schematics, diagrams, and blueprints in order to determine the layout of pipes
- Measure and fabricate pipe routings to match existing in-line piping systems
- Control and turn valves or regulators to adjust flames and ensure proper use of welding gas
- Wear appropriate protective gear and ensure compliance with established health/safety regulations
- Troubleshoot a piping system and conduct diagnosis to identify and fix pipe problems
- Operate manual and automated welding units and equipment by depositing metal from electrode to work piece and joins edges of work piece.
- Maintain length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead.
- Weld in flat and vertical planes (all position welding).
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Fabricate new or replacement parts for company equipment.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Must have a license and transportation. Tools needed welding hood, stinger, ground, and file.
- Working knowledge of ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8 and API 1104.
- Ability to passes 100% x-ray site requirements.
- Downhill & Uphill SMAW (Stick) welding technique preferred.
- Previous welding experience in oil field in and around live process and high-pressure systems.
- Low hydrogen stick procedures mostly.
- Ability to TIG weld carbon and alloys.
- 5 + years of industrial construction/Oilfield construction/Pipeline construction preferred!
- Current/valid driver’s license with transportation.
- Ability to work safely with others to achieve job goals
- Self-motivated employee that can take direction and follow daily job duties
- Read blue prints, ISO drawings, and P&IDs (Preferred not required)
- Education: High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) Preferred
- Experience –5+ years' welding experience preferred, 3 Year oilfield experience at a minimum. Must pass the prescribed weld test.
- Must have a working knowledge of various welding codes, specifications, techniques and methods.
Benefits and Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision and Supplemental coverage's available.
401(k) with Company Match.
EOE/Veterans/Minorities/Women/Disabled/Military Friendly Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 6 Months (Preferred)